FAMS v.5.0 is built in open source utilizing the LAMP Stack
Why open source? We think Red Hat® says it best:
The best technology wins
Red Hat® believes open source simply creates better software. Everyone collaborates. The best technology wins. Not just within one company, but for everyone, anyone, around the world. As a result, the open source model builds higher-quality, more secure, more easily integrated software. And it does it at a vastly accelerated pace, often at a lower cost.
Open source—the technology powerhouse
Open source has established itself as the most cost-effective way to create high-quality software. Today it's at the heart of software innovation thanks to:
- Development driven by a wide range of contributors from commercial IT vendors, including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and independent software vendors (ISVs), to customers, academia, and government.
- Contributors who collaborate to define, design, and implement software that meets their needs.
- Lower costs because development is amortized across contributors.
- Open standards, which reduce vendor lock-in.
- Licenses that give free access to the code.